Walking New York

A fat lazy idiot tries to walk every street in Manhattan.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Humidiocy



I did a short 2.5 mile walk yesterday, from midtown down to 23rd, but I didn't have my camera with me. And it might be a while before the next long walk with photos. It is unbelievably hot and humid today, and tomorrow will only get worse. Then Thursday it's supposed to start getting better, leading up to a reasonable weekend, but I've got my mom in town until Sunday, so I probably won't have time to do a walk with pictures.

I do have some clip show style posts planned, including a recap of the ten best pictures from July, two more Streets You've Never Heard Of that I've been saving, and a post about other walking adventures from around the world. That'll take up 4 of the 5 days that I'll probably be off. I may cover some new ground during these days, but unless it's significant, I probably won't count it if I can't get pictures.

There's always a chance of a late night walk in the next couple days with pictures, but for some reason it only seems to get hotter here at night, so it won't be much. My main concern right now is if it's possible to get ice cream delivered.

1 Comments:

At 12:25 PM, Anonymous tamasha said...

You should come down to the super-lowest-eastest side - there are PLENTY of Streets You've Never Heard Of (even for life-long New Yorkers!). I often have to give taxi drivers directions.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home