Walking New York

A fat lazy idiot tries to walk every street in Manhattan.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

More Day 8 Photos - 9th Ave Through the 30s, 40s, and 50s


The best laundromat ever, from 55th and 9th Ave. It's like a wonderland of laundry amenities - TVs set in the walls, Internet access. If they had air conditioning, I would move in.


A nice enclosed garden on 25th just east of 9th. I don't know what it's for, but everyone loves some flowers.


At 42nd and 9th, a cool old hotel sign for what seems like a still-functioning hotel. I'll get the name when I walk 42nd and do some further research.


Two good things. Why not combine them? Next up: Sushi and Cream Puffs


Prison grade razor wire surrounding the back of the Time Warner Center (or the apartments on the very end of the block).


Imagine telling your friends you're a postal policeman. "I've got a siren and everything." Then they see you on driving around one day in this.


The most rusted sign I've seen so far, which alternates between wines and liquors. The store didn't look so bad. I think somewhere, there's something more rusted and disgusting looking in the city, and I'm going to find it.


The Time Warner Center as viewed from 58th and 9th.


Looking east on 33rd, past the incredible post office building, which is unfortunately under construction right now.

4 Comments:

At 11:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

 
At 7:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

 
At 12:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

 
At 9:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home