Walking New York

A fat lazy idiot tries to walk every street in Manhattan.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

More Day 16 Photos - Fun with Shutter Speed

Because of all the lights around the city, my night photos were coming out blurred or too bright. I managed to figure out some decent manual settings to get better balanced pictures, but while I was at it, I figured I'd shoot some intentionally blurred ones too. In order for the backgrounds (buildings, signs) to stay still and the foregrounds (cars, people) to blur, I had to leave the camera shutter open for up to 20 seconds sometimes, meaning I'd have to rest the camera on something so it didn't move at all. So that's why some of these have skewed angles and weird poles in the foreground, but these are the five best. As always, click a photo to see it bigger.


Looking west on 35th and 8th



42nd and 7th



Ghosts



Looking north on 9th Ave at 14th Street



42nd Street again

4 Comments:

At 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

 
At 11:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

 
At 5:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

 
At 2:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home