Walking New York

A fat lazy idiot tries to walk every street in Manhattan.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Day 8 Photos - The 70s and Above


A castle-type building in Theodore Roosevelt Park on Columbus and 79th Street. I didn't even know this park existed, and it seems really nice. More investigation to follow when I walk the streets up there.


On Columbus around 96th or so, there was a series of big tenement buildings (is tenement politically correct? No offense, tenement dwellers), which you can see here all look the same. They seemed to be in decent shape and had some nice green space, but the surrounding area was more rundown than Broadway is in that area.


This was somewhere around there as well.


I have no recollection of where this was, but it was a big fenced in basketball court and playground behind a school with a nice tiled mural at one end.


A Kosher market on Broadway in the 80s or 90s with Hanukkah-colored baskets.


I guess this is a glasses store, but I have no idea why there were at least a dozen handsaws in the window wearing glasses. My guess is that the store has a pun name like "Sawglass" and they're sticking with that for the design too, but I didn't look up and check.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home