Walking New York

A fat lazy idiot tries to walk every street in Manhattan.

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Day 5: All Around Downtown (5.5 miles)



Walked down 7th until it ended at West Broadway, then took that south to the World Trade Center site, over through the World Financial Center, back east on Fulton, back West on John St. and into a subway. There, I waited for 20 minutes in intense heat (heat index in Manhattan is 89 degrees at 10pm, so I'd say mid 90's this afternoon downtown) then got onto the crowded subway. After a couple stops, I felt claustrophobic and overheated enough to actually get off the subway, buy a drink, and walk home. Weird.

Anyway, I'm quickly learning that things get very confusing down there, and it's making it very difficult to keep up my map. I have a feeling that as I get closer to the end of the walk, I'm going to be spending a lot of time walking in circles down there to cover every 1-block street and alley.

I'll get into more detail in the photo posts above, but for now, enjoy this picture, taken at West Broadway and Liberty Street, half a block north of the WTC site. No idea what was going on there...

2 Comments:

At 5:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

 
At 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find some information here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home