Walking New York

A fat lazy idiot tries to walk every street in Manhattan.

Monday, July 31, 2006

Day 20: Where'd Everybody Go? (5.5 miles)



Admittedly, I took a strange path tonight, up Madison, over 57th, and back down 10th Avenue, but it was pretty quiet out there. Maybe it's a Sunday night thing, or maybe Lucky Louie has a big following amongst the Madison and 10th Avenue crowds, but the lack of anything happening was a surprise. I didn't even take that many pictures, and I managed to do 5.5 miles in well under 2 hours, which is a pretty good pace for me. I'm thinking about taking tomorrow off after doing 5 days in a row, but I'll see what else is going on. Let's do the photos:


Wavy street lights and cars



The big find of the day, and perhaps of the entire project so far: A McDonalds, in Manhattan, with a parking lot and a drive-thru. Unheard of, as far as I knew, but then I found this one on 34th St. and 10th Ave. Two floors, open 24 hours. I'm in my 2nd month of McDonalds Anonymous, but this is as close to a relapse as I've come. I don't see how anyone with a car in Manhattan could possibly resist giving up their spot or taking it out of a garage to drive to a place that's already on every corner. Brilliant but useless, just like those shoes with the lights in them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home