Walking New York

A fat lazy idiot tries to walk every street in Manhattan.

Monday, July 31, 2006

Day 20 Photos - Planes, Trains, Automobiles


Aftermath of some kind of street fair on 25th Street



Madison in midtown



Also off Madison somewhere in the 40s or 50s, was this lobby to a building with two Mini Coopers in it (I think those are Mini Coopers, right?). It seemed open to the public, even at 11pm, but I was afraid of the guy on the phone and so I just took the pictures and left.



Street between Madison and Vanderbilt with Grand Central and the Chrysler Building in the background



The corner of 5th Avenue and 59th Street, outside FAO Schwartz, where there were still a decent amount of people. And yes, that's a giant white Apple logo in a David Blaine-like glass case.



This docking yard for the Long Island Rail Road was a cool find on the walk home along 10th. I forget exactly where it was, but I'd assume somewhere in the mid 30s, a couple blocks west of Penn Station. I used to pass some train yards on the Metro North ride to Westchester, and I always found them pretty interesting for some reason. Not as cool as the airplane graveyard, which I'm still convinced is somehow fake (too perfectly aligned for a junkyard, isn't it?), but fun nonetheless.

1 Comments:

At 9:56 AM, Anonymous tamasha said...

Those are Smart cars!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home